"In last twenty years we saw Fax machines come & go , VCRs come & go and next ten
years we might say the same about these huge servers installed in offices " Anonymous.
It may sound harsh but it is the future. Cloud computing is going to change the computing world upside down for the obvious reasons like.
1) Reduction of costs - Unlike on-site hosting the price of deploying applications in the cloud can be less due to lower hardware costs from more effective use of physical resources.
2) Universal access - Cloud computing can allow remotely located employees to access applications and work via the internet.
3) Up to date software - A cloud provider will also be able to upgrade software keeping in mind feedback from previous software releases. Choice of applications. This allows flexibility for cloud users to experiment and choose the best option for their needs. Cloud computing also allows a business to use, access and pay only for what they use, with a fast implementation time.
4) Potential to be greener and more economical - The average amount of energy needed for a computational action carried out in the cloud is far less than the average amount for an on-site deployment. This is because different organisations can share the same physical resources securely, leading to more efficient use of the shared resources.
5) Flexibility - Cloud computing allows users to switch applications easily and rapidly, using the one that suits their needs best. However, migrating data between applications can be an issue.